Thursday, January 2, 2014

Setting Goals

One thing that I want to do this year is set some attainable goals.  I think that the biggest reason why New Years' Resolutions aren't kept is that they are to generalized.  I also think that the majority of us want to have achieved those resolutions by the end of January.  So, I thought I'd walk through setting my goals and maybe that will help you set yours.

I started off by thinking of the basic things I want:

I want to grow in my faith.
I want to be a better wife and a better mom.
I want to be healthier.

Then, I broke those things down even more.

Faith
I want to spend more time in the Word and in prayer. I want to find an accountability/group.partner.

Wife
I want to respond better to my Sweetheart, both in general and when we disagree. I want to be more attentive to him and his needs. I want to put him first. I also want us to really be a team.

Mom
I want to not yell so much and be more consistent with discipline. I also want to really be "here" when I am at home.

Health
I want to eat better and start exercising more. I spend way too much time working out the glutes. Time to get up and get moving.

From here I am planning simple habits to start each month that will build up to a whole new me by next December.  For example, in January I am going to get myself off of coffee. I am starting with this one because it will be the hardest to break. I will follow this with soda in February. I am also planning a garden for spring so we can start growing our own yummy foods.  I'm still mapping out my monthly, weekly and daily plans to accomplish my goals for this year, but this is pretty much the easiest way I have found to set goals. If you're not a natural planner, Pinterest has some great worksheets and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment