Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Years' Revolution!

Welcome to 2014!

I've spent the last week really reflecting on the last year.  As I look back, I see all the things that were unpleasant turning beautiful. I can see that God has been working in my life, even when I was too fearful to acknowledge Him.  Here is 2013 in a glance:

-Found out I was pregnant 2/13/13.
-Bought my first home 6/1/13. Ian is obsessed with dogs.

-Adopted Lily, an American Stratfordshire Terrier (a.k.a. pit-bull) 7/26/13.   I also lost my job this day.
-Delivered my beautiful baby girl 7/27/13, she was 2 months early.
-Brought  my pretty princess home 8/23/13.
-Got a new job 10/28/13.  The company I work for is beyond awesome, as are the people I work with!
-Went with a co-worker to pick up her foster dog. 12/23/13.
-Sweetheart took our oldest son to pick out a dog to rescue.  Brought home Penni, a pitbull mix (we think hound) 12/29/13.

As you can see, 2013 was pretty great.  But in the midst I couldn't see all the great things that were happening.  I was so afraid that if I continued to trust God that He would let me down and everything would fall apart if I let go of my control.

So, I am going to allow God to revolutionize my soul. I want Him to make a sudden, complete, and marked change within me. This is something only He can do!

Isaiah 43:10 is my verse for this year.
“You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord,
    “and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me
    and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
    nor will there be one after me.

No comments:

Post a Comment